Hospital bills, doctor’s fees, check-ups, and medications are only some of the things that you have to pay for whenever you contract a disease or have some kind of accident. When your body is not functioning normally, you get set off-track. You get stressed, exhausted, and impatient to go back to your normal self. Things like this happen all the time. Even if you do get sick and spend time, effort and money to recover, everything’s worth it when you are up and about again. The same is with septic tank and septic tank repair costs.
Your septic tank undergoes the exact same thing. It is a living organism that helps you maintain a healthy home by treating your wastewater. It is made up of bacteria that do all the work. It is built with sturdy materials that enable it to last for a very long time. Like other organisms the septic tank suffers from occasional lapses especially when the proper care is not given. When your septic tank gets sick, you know that you have to spend time, effort, and money to get it back to its normal state.
If your septic tank suddenly malfunctions, any of the following may have caused it:
1) dumping of non-biodegradables
2) no adherence to pump out schedules
3) dumping grease and fats
4) planting medium to large plants over the tank
5) placing vehicles and structures over the tank’s area
6) using strong chemicals and antibacterial solutions
7) drastic increase in water load
When the septic tank stops functioning normally, your septic expert should be contacted to determine the real cause of the situation. Once the root cause is established, the solutions will be easier to administer. Having a septic tank, or a septic system for that matter, requires you to have a prepared emergency budget for anything that may go wrong with it. It’s just like your emergency medical funds at home when someone gets sick. Septic tank repair costs vary. The costs depend on the location, type of services included, and the skills of the septic expert. When the septic tank needs repairs, you have to be ready for repairs that other septic components may have already incurred. Here are some price ranges for septic tank repair costs:
1) 25 to 50 USD – brand new shut-off valve installation
2) 1,200 to 2,500 USD – repair the drain field
3) 8,000 to 15,000 USD – additional septic
4) 25 to 75 USD – main waste pipe (from your street) replacement
5) 10 to 15 USD – supply pipes (copper replacement)
6) 1,800 to 2,500 USD – septic tank replacement
7) 1 to 3 USD – supply piping insulation
8) 75 to 150 USD – outside hose bib replacement
9) 5 to 10 USD – supply pipes replacement
10) 75 to 200 USD – trap or drain repairs
11) 5 to 10 USD – waste pipes (pvc replacement)
12) 10 to 15 USD – waste pipes (cast iron replacement)
13) 75 to 125 USD – ordinary leak repairs
You should not dismiss any of your septic tanks malfunctions. Like your body, the condition worsens if you don’t get it checked up at the soonest. The more you neglect the condition, the more expensive the treatments are going to be.
Once you have a septic tank installed in your property, you should remember that it needs to be maintained well for you to maximize its lifespan. If you don’t do your responsibilities to your septic, you would have to get another system installed for 30,000 USD. It will consume more time and money than you did the first time you had a septic tank system.
Some homeowners just prefer to be connected to the town’s sewer line that costs 12,000 – 30,000 USD, with just an annual maintenance cost of 300 – 1,000 USD. It’s much cheaper as compared to the 20-year lifespan maintenance cost of 6,300 – 13,000 USD. Always use your septic tank right and coordinate with your septic expert to prevent large septic tank repair costs.